Welcome to the Pine Valley Repeater Amateur Radio Club web site. Our Club is considered one of the fastest growing ham radio clubs in Southwest Wisconsin.
**** Next Club Meeting will be on September 20th, 2022 @ 7:00 pm ****
In person at the Richland County Court House or virtually on Zoom.
Anyone Interested in Amateur Radio is invited to attend a meeting.
Contact any club member for more information.
This organization shall be known as the PINE VALLEY REPEATER AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (hereinafter referred to as “the Club”). It holds the Club callsign W9PVR, and is headquartered in Richland Center, WI.
- The Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. No profit or gain shall inure to any individual Club member.
- The Club is an ARRL affiliated organization.
- The Club shall be open to all persons interested in Amateur Radio without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap or sexual preference.
- This site includes information about the Club’s history, news, photos of events, information about Amateur Radio, net times and frequencies, SKYWARN and storm spotting, a little bit of ham humor, plus other areas of interest to Amateur Radio operators. We hope you will find our site useful. Suggestions are always appreciated.
- IMAGINE … sitting in your room talking to people in distant lands — senators and sailors, doctors and lawyers, students and teachers, astronauts and farmers …
- IMAGINE … hearing about world events as they happen from people who are there. Listening to far off places with strange names …
- IMAGINE … a voice breaking through the air calling YOU …
- THAT, my friends, is the wonderful world of ham radio and you could be part of it!
The Amateur’s Code…
The Radio Amateur is…
- CONSIDERATE … Never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
- LOYAL … Offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
- PROGRESSIVE … With knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and operation above reproach.
- FRIENDLY … Slow and patient operating when requested; friendly advice and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
- BALANCED … Radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
- PATRIOTIC … Station and skill always ready for service to country and community.
The original Amateur’s Code was written by: Paul M Segal, W9EEA, in 1928.
Words of Wisdom
- “For every $1 spent on an antenna, it’s like spending $10 worth of radio or amplifier equipment.”
- “Improve your antenna, improve your signal — then buy a fancy radio and amp … otherwise your fancy new radio and amp is just a costly space heater.”
Click here for local weather forecast